RootsNetwork Review Policy and Submission Instructions
The Roots Network has developed this policy to ensure fairness and consistency through a common method of reviewing CDs, Books, Videos or Products.
- RootsNetwork reserves the right to review or not review, for any reason, any material sent to us.
- RootsNetwork will not review material that is at our discretion offensive, or that is derogatory to race, sex, creed, color, religion or national origin.
- RootsNetwork reserves the right to refuse to review material or products for any other reason it deems appropriate. The decision by RootsNetwork to review or refuse to review a submission is final. RootsNetwork is not obligated to disclose our reasons for refusing to review.
- RootsNetwork reserves the right to publish basic release information with no written review.
- RootsNetwork will not review material submitted on cassette tape.
- Material sent to RootsNetwork for review becomes the property of RootsNetwork and will not be returned. Certain exceptions apply, and these situations must be determined in advance of the submission.
- Only members of the editorial or executive staff may solicit review materials for publication in The Roots Network. Independent authors soliciting materials for review in The Roots Network, will be dealt with through the proper legal channels.
- Submitted materials are distributed to reviewers via the Editor based on publication criteria. Submissions to independent authors or reviewers is done at the risk of the submitter and does not guarantee publication in The Roots Network by that author or reviewer.
- The Roots Network reserves the right to modify, delete or add policies without prior notice.
Method of review:
- Unsolicited material should be submitted to The Roots Network, PO Box 15114,
Wilmington, NC 28408
- Please include appropriate press information, photo and contact information.
- Do not submit recordings on cassette tapes. These will be discarded.
- If submitting pre-released material, please indicate the earliest date that a review can be published - if appropriate.
- All submissions become the property of The Roots Network and will not be returned without prior agreement.
- Submitted material may not be marked to the attention of a specific reviewer. All review assignments will be determined by the editorial staff of The Roots Network.
- Do not submit large, non-media products for review without prior authorization from The Roots Network.
Each review published is the individual opinion of the reviewer and does not necessarily represent the opinions of The Roots Network, its affiliates or staff. While some reviewers are RootsNetwork staff members, some are independent authors therefore, the methodology of individual reviewers may vary.
CDs, videos and books are generally assigned to reviewers whose musical interest and/or expertise is appropriate to the material being reviewed, but this is not always possible nor is it guaranteed.
No guarantee can be given as to the publication date of a particular review. Most published reviews are handled in a timely manner and may be determined by reader interest, release date or other criteria deemed appropriate by the editorial staff of The Roots Network.